Who we are
Trade Fabrication Systems Limited is a company registered in England & Wales, Company Number 03523092. The registered office is at Chesford Park House, 18 Chesford Grange, Woolston, Warrington, WA1 4RQ. VAT Registration Number 712 4536 58.
Legal basis for processing
We will process your data for the purposes detailed in this policy under legitimate business interests. The nature of our legitimate interests are:
- contractual obligations – should you make an enquiry or place an order with us, we will collect your personal data in order to fulfil this service;
- consent – should you provide your personal data to receive product or other marketing information by using the website enquiry form we will ask whether you give consent to direct marketing;
- legal compliance – should we need to pass your personal data to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies in order for us to comply with the law.
What we collect
When you contact us or visit our website we may collect and process data which you have provided to us. This may include:
- your name and contact information, including company name, email address, telephone number and postal address;
We do not currently use a third party provider to deliver email marketing. This policy will be updated if this changes.
How we use your information
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to review and improve our website;
- to notify you about changes to our products, services or website, where we have your consent;
- to fulfil our legal and compliance related obligations (e.g. requests from law enforcement agencies).
Disclosure of your information
TFS will never sell, rent, loan, trade or otherwise disclose your personal data, except as described in this policy or required by law. However, we may share your data with trusted third party business partners so that we can provide services requested. These include:
- delivery organisations, to fulfil orders for products and services;
- marketing agencies, to assist in providing a positive customer experience;
- analytics and search engine providers, such as Google Analytics, to assist in the improvement and optimisation of our website (on an anonymised basis).
In each case, we will ensure these third party business partners are only allowed to use your data to provide services to us and for no other purpose. TFS will not permit them to contact you for marketing purposes.
If the TFS business is sold or integrated with a third party, your data may be one of the transferred assets.
Links to other websites
When you use the website, you may be able to share information through social media networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, e.g. through ‘likes’ or reviews. When doing this your data may be visible to providers of social network services and their users, as well as TFS. We recommend that you consider the privacy settings and policies on your social media accounts, so that you are clear how your data may be used and shared.
Security and retention period
Your privacy and protection of your personal data is very important to TFS. We comply with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and treat all your data as confidential. We have secure systems in place to prevent any unauthorised access, disclosure or corruption of any personal data we hold.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect data you enter into contact forms, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site over unsecured internet or email connections
TFS will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this policy. Retention periods will vary according to the type of the data and the reason that we have the data.
By law, you have rights relating to your personal data and how we use it. You have the right to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- be informed about how your personal data is being used;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making concerning you or that significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
- restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can exercise your rights at any time or request a copy of all personal data we hold about you contacting us at the address below. Access requests are free of charge. However where the request made is excessive or manifestly unfounded, we may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ to cover the administrative costs of providing you with details of the data we hold about you. Requests will be responded to within one month from date of receipt. Please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Trade Fabrication Systems Ltd
Chesford Park House
18 Chesford Grange
Further information, including how to complain about our use of your personal data, can be obtained from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – ico.org.uk – or by phone at 0303 123 1113.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
Some of the cookies we use are session cookies and only last until you close your browser, others are persistent cookies which are stored on your computer for longer.
How do I reject and delete cookies?
List of cookies we collect
Google Analytics – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and continue to be committed to delivering the best possible service