And that’s a wrap…
It’s safe to say that 2020 was a year like no other. But in spite of the obvious challenges, it’s not been all bad news!
With plans and aspirations of continued growth throughout 2020, we continued to build upon our ongoing investment to deliver the very best service to our business-to-business partners at the start of the year.
Although, with circumstances that no one could have predicted, this quickly went onto the backburner, and our main priority was facilitating the completion of key projects and doing our bit to keep the supply chain moving.
That said, we have made strides in the face of uncertainty to strengthen our internal team and bolster our service offering… In the spirit of Christmas, we wanted to share our five main successes of the last twelve months that have gotten us dashing, skipping and jumping through a winter wonderland this year-end.
- Delivering on key projects
- Working as hard as Santa’s elves, we supported the industry with the delivery of key projects – supporting project completions by embracing offsite processing to support reduced workforce numbers.
- Continued investment
- Santa’s workshop has nothing on us… Innovation and investment are core parts of our business and we developed CPD training sessions to educate and support the market with the information required to mobilise an offsite processing partner, when the time is right.
- Enhanced managerial staff
- Guiding efficiencies better than the North Star guided the Wise Men, we appointed two new senior members of staff. This ensures that we have the right people in the right positions to underpin the company’s growth aspirations, and they supported our UK Head of Production to achieve Lean Six Sigma black belt certification.
- Increased demand
- Increased demand equals increased capacity. Like a toy shop at Christmas, offsite processing became incredibly popular to support the construction industry post lockdown – and we responded by recruiting a number of new production operatives to meet this growth in demand.
- Record breaking months
- Despite the uncertainty, we are thrilled to say that the last few months of this year have been record-breaking months for TFS – bringing the celebratory season early!
As we reach the end of the road of 2020, we’re thoroughly looking forward to building on the success we’ve seen over the last year. With investments ongoing, the right people in place and the industry regaining traction, 2021 is set to put a star on the tree for TFS.
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your ongoing support over the last year. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.Go Back